So often, when an adulting newbie moves into their first apartment their main concern is usually paying the rent and furnishing the place. More often than not, it is easy to overlook the fact that you must be ready to tackle any mess that comes your way, whether its stains, spills, dirt, grime, grease, and more.
Having the right tools is a necessity for keeping your apartment clean and for making the job as easy as it can possibly be. And while there’s no one magical tool that can do it all, these products will ensure that when messes do happen (and they always do) you’ll be covered.
Here are some essentials to include in your apartment cleaning kit;
Overall cleaning essentials you definitely will need:
- Microfiber cloths
- Multi-surface cleaner
- Sunlight dish washing liquid: It is great for removing grease from your crockery, utensils, stainless-steel items and even plastic. The great thing about this product is that it is affordable and a little goes a long way so it will definitely last a while.
- Handy Andy Cream: Is an all-purpose creamy cleaner that effectively cleans floors, stoves, showers, baths and toilets.
- Vim Classic Scouring Powder: Pair this with steel wool and your pots will remain shiny forever!
- Sponges and dish clothes: These make doing dishes and cleaning kitchen surfaces a lot easier.
- Steel wool and stainless steel scourers: Use this on anything that needs a good scrub in your kitchen.
- Domestos thick bleach: Domestos is a great toilet cleaner because it it very thick which means it is able to cling to the bowl.
- Handy Andy Cream & Vim powder: These will keep your bathtub and basin spotless.
- Cleaning gloves: The cheapest place to get this is usually Pep.
- Microfiber cloths: These make cleaning mirrors so much easier.
- Sponges: These come in very handy for surfaces that need scrubbing.
- Vanish stain remover: This pretty much works like bleach…but for coloured clothes! It removes tough stains from garments without changing the colour.
- Jik: Wanna keep your white clothes white? Jik is your friend, it not only removes tough stains from anything made with white cloth but it also whitens them!
- Sunlight bar soap: it is suitable for delicate fabrics, stains, collars and cuffs.
- Sunlight washing powder: It is affordable and gets the job done.
- Clothes’ pegs: You obviously need these to secure clothes when hanging them to dry.
So, now that you have this list, head out and assemble your cleaning kit!