Self love is a trending topic, everyone is talking about it. What is self love anyway? Is it going to a spa, taking a picture and putting it on the gram? Is it giving yourself hugs and saying positive affirmations every morning? Well…it is all that and more! Self love is about doing things that make YOU happy…content….at peace and ready to take life on. Self-love is not simply a state of feeling good. It is a state of appreciation for oneself that grows from actions that support your physical, psychological and spiritual growth. Here are five things you can incorporate into your self love Sunday routine.
1. Feed your soul. Read a book, listen to your favourite gospel playlist, go to church, listen to a podcast or watch self development videos on Youtube….just do something that will feed your soul.
2. Give your body some love. Whether is taking a bubble bath or getting a massage at a spa or getting a manicure…do it! When you look good, you feel good and when you feel good, you do good!
3. Reflect. Take some time to reflect…reflect on your goals and all you have managed to achieve. Don’t focus on the negative.
4. Give thanks. Take a moment and thank God for all He does for you…even the small things you don’t notice.
5. Eat your favourite meal. Don’t worry about the calories you’re eating…you have earned that meal.